قسم هندسة العمارة
الرتبة : استاذ مساعد / ب
البريد الالكتروني : firstname.lastname@example.org
الموقع الالكتروني : http://faculty.yu.edu.jo/mohammad.s
رقم الهاتف : 2470
المكتب : غير متوفر
نبذه عن الحياة العلمية :
- 2001: Obtaining a doctorate degree in architectural engineering from the University of Federico II Naples / Italy by presenting a research entitled "Urban Planning in the Arab world: a search for a style of original and effective planning". This research had been done in three years.
The study deals with following-up the urban planning process in the Arab world in order to:
- trying to find "modern and original" solutions for planning capable of meeting the requirements of the contemporary Arab city.
- trying to search for the way of using planning and architecture to improve the economic role played by the cities.
- 1996: Obtaining a bachelor degree from the University of Federico II Naples / Italy by presenting a graduation project entitled "Designing Cities Architecturally". In this project, a redesigning process of the historical center of the city of Irbid (Jordan) was accomplished in order to add to this city its missing cultural, commercial and craft status in an attempt to organize and rehabilitate it to be integrated into the national enhanced tourist project.
الإهتمامات البحثية :
- تاريخ العمارة.
- العمارة الاسلامية.
- المدن الاسلامية .
- الفن الاسلامي.
- تخطيط المدن.
- التنمية المستدامة.
- العمارة المستدامة والخضراء.
- التراث والتقاليد المعمارية والحضارية.
منشورات مختارة :
- 2006: Publishing the paper "Urban growth in Jordan" Meridiana, Italian periodical issued in Rome,three times a year.
- 2005: Publishing the paper " The historic Cities of Maghreb : a safeguarded heritage?" - Meridiana, Italian periodical issued in Rome ,three times a year.
- 2005: Publishing the paper "Populations of major Arab Cities overlooking the Mediterranean Basin during the reign of the Ottoman Empire" - C.N.R. of Naples ,National Council of Scientific Research.
- 2003: Publishing the paper "Emigration streams in Naples and Its outskirts and their roles in the development". This research highlighted the role of emigrants in regional urban development. This paper was published in the Annual Report of the Environmental Situation of the Territory of Campania/Naples.