- د. علاء رائف توفيق السعيد
- جامعة اليرموك
The goals of this project are as follows:
- Design an integrated smart PV-powered lighting system with components.
- Reduce the building and street lighting costs at Yarmouk University new and old campuses.
Milestones and expected result:
The expected outcome of this project is to achieve significant reduction in electricity bill of Yarmouk University by:
- storing PV energy in batteries and using this free energy during night, and
- integrating motion sensors that allows the lights to turn on only if a moving object is detected and hence minimizing the idle times of these lights.
In addition, it is expected that this project will produce at least 2 journal papers and a number of conferences papers as well as a number of graduation projects and/or master's theses.